blah, blah, blah

Tuesday, January 09, 2007

Raiding the Cabinet


For Christmas, my brother and his girlfriend gave me a book of hot holiday drink recipes. I gave them a hard time because i thought they were making fun of me and the fact that I don't like 'spicy hot' things (they both really love 'spicy hot'). Instead the book is about warm to hot drinks that one might serve in the cold weather. Most of these drink recipes include some type of liquor. So, on new years eve, I raided my liquor cabinet to see what I could make. The only recipe that I had all the ingredients for was called the Praline Prancer. I made 1/2 a recipe and warmed it up in the microwave. I lovingly handed z guy a glass and said cheers. We both took a sip and about fell on our backsides (except that we were already sitting). Dad-gum! That sucker was strong. We pushed through and finished our glasses, shaking our heads as each gulp went down. It was good, but it is definitely a sipper - whaaaaaoooaaoaaa!! The hairs on your arms stand up - more like a chilling kind of drink. So in between the hacking and coughing of being sick, we were also coughing from the strength of the alcohol. And after all that, we didn't even catch a buzz.


Tonight, I tried another one, called Cookies and Cream. Once again, it is a little strong; not as much as the first one, but still a sipper. I'm writing in the book (evil, I know) as I try each one and noting my reactions to each. Definite fun although no buzz.

3 Comments:

  • awesome! and i always think cookbooks should be written in, how will you remember what you like or what else it needed?

    By Blogger zerodoll, at 1/10/2007 3:49 PM  

  • if you're not buzzy, you obviously aren't drinking enough.

    By Blogger jayfish, at 1/10/2007 4:28 PM  

  • hehe - Someone used a different login :)

    Hooray for yummy al-key-hall

    but I do agree, you need to drink more if you're not even getting tipsy

    By Blogger Overread, at 1/10/2007 6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home