blah, blah, blah

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Shell-shocked baby??

I love to pop packing bubbles of any size. As soon as a package arrives, I will first destroy the packing bubbles either by twisting with my hands, stomping with my feet or by breaking each individual bubble by finger and thumb. - SNAAP, POP, CRACKLE (wait, isn't that the cereal, and of that i'm less fond of that unless it is wrapped in a marshmallow coating.) DD also has this love for the noisy destruction of little balloons. The sound of air being forced to rupture small plastic encasements is so intoxicating. (I also love the sound of controled breaking glass but let's save that discussion for later)

The other day we received a package and yes inside were packing bubbles. DD immediatly proceeded to drag the plastic sheet out onto the floor and a stomping pop fest ensued (you wouldn't know that she was sick at all). AB began to cry but we were busy and I didn't make the connection. Z Guy did and mentioned it to me but I didn't really believe him. Why would popping sounds be scary?!

So, being the experimenting person I am, I looked right at her and stepped on one of the packing bubbles - POP! She burst into a fifteen minute tear fest that could not be quelled by either parent.

Weird.

I removed the packing bubbles from the room, reluctanly. I will test this again of course as soon as we get more bubbles.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home