blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Ups & Downs

Last Wednesday I found out I was pregnant again. I was so excited but also a little nervous. The next evening I had lost the pregnancy - an emergency surgery; tubalectomy with ectopic pregnancy. I was a little sad at the time but okay and glad to be healthy and on the road to recovery. I've been recuperating and taking it easy over the last several days. I am feeling the loss now, a week later, for some reason. I guess it’s just time.

In that span of 24 hours, I'd begun picking out names and trying to figure out where on earth we were going to put him/her in this tiny house. I was worrying that our youngest, who just turned one on Sunday, would feel excluded because she would be a middle child. I was concerned because at work I've been in some negotiations with my boss about moving onto full time and into a new position. I felt like I was letting him down because at the time, the new position, something I'm very excited about, could not hold a candle to the new life I was expecting. I was going to have to look at minivans for family transportation - oh my goodness.

Now, no worries about minivans, no pressure on the youngest (yet), and I get to move on into the new position where I work. It's funny how life changes. In the span of 48 hours my expectations of where my life was heading jumped lanes for a while but then landed practically back where it had been before.

6 Comments:

  • i think your youngest will be a middle child eventually, no? besides, what's wrong with being in the middle?

    By Blogger jayfish, at 4/12/2006 5:31 PM  

  • well, i've always heard that the middle child can feel left out - and yes, we do hope to eventually make her a middle child so i guess i need to prep her appropriately...whatever that means

    By Blogger mendi-la, at 4/12/2006 5:34 PM  

  • I've been thinking about you. Hope all is well.

    Hehe - I've heard that all middle children are disfunctional. Eldest ones too :)

    Whoa, minivans, though... That's tough. How about a nice station wagon? I hear they're coming back.

    By Blogger Overread, at 4/12/2006 5:55 PM  

  • hmmm, let's see, you must be neither older nor middle overread - do you feel superior in some way :)

    By Blogger mendi-la, at 4/12/2006 6:10 PM  

  • i've been thinking about you too.

    and yeah, middle children seem a little weird, don't they?

    By Blogger zerodoll, at 4/12/2006 6:26 PM  

  • thanks to all of you for thinking of me - it does make me feel better :)

    By Blogger mendi-la, at 4/13/2006 12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home