blah, blah, blah

Friday, March 17, 2006

Where Have You Been? Sick Baby...

I've been busy this past week. Not only is Z guy out of town, but little AB is sick. Not terribly sick, not at death's door or anything like that but it wears you out nonetheless. She has a croupy cough with lots of mucous. I took both Wednesday and Thursday off from work because she was running a fever those days. On Wednesday I took her to the doctor but they could not find anything really wrong with her. They gave me a prescription for albuterol for her wheezy coughing. She hates the medicine and it doesn’t seem to improve her breathing or cease her coughing. She hasn't wanted to eat anything for five days although she has taken at least half a bottle when I've offered it to her but it has to be milk, not juice or water. She is actually sounding and acting a little more like herself today even though she’s still running a fever. Her nose has started to run green I’m afraid and I may have to take her to the doctor again if that doesn’t clear up.

She’s quite the fussy one compared to DD who really takes everything in stride. I think that is the primary reason that I’m worn out. She is just so uncomfortable that she cries and cries. She needs to be held but then so does DD. Funny how they seem to need me at the same time. AB has slept only three hours straight in the last few days and with a little help from me, she’s back to sleep within 30 minutes or so. I look forward to the full night of sleep I hope to get in the next few days.

I’m very grateful that Z guy will be home tonight. I missed him and I missed his help. I missed having some ‘me’ time. This week was good prep for me though since he’s going to be gone again next month for another out of town meeting. I wish the grandparents were closer but I’d probably rely on them too much.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home