blah, blah, blah

Saturday, March 11, 2006

Sage at Three

Last night DD and I were in another room making a tent out of some blankets and pillows when we heard a crash followed by loud crying. AB had pulled herself up on the paper shredder but it, being top heavy, had fallen over on her. The shredder part, which is very heavy, had hit her in the face. When I got closer, I saw blood in her mouth. I began to freak out a bit. I didn't know if she'd broken a tooth or worse. She was howling and wouldn't let me get a good look in her mouth. I was dabbing her mouth with a towel to see if I could find the source of the endless amounts of blood. I called Z guy and told him I might have to go to the hospital - like I said, I was freaking out. Then DD calmly said, "Mama, Mama, remember when x-boy pushed me down at school and I got a cut on my mouth? The teacher gave me some ice. Maybe AB would like some ice too." "Did it make you feel better?” I said. She said yes and went on to explain how she needed some ice now too, and a towel, and can she look at sister's mouth, etc. In that one moment, I calmed down and realized it probably wasn't that bad. The ice soothed AB almost immediately. The bleeding ceased and I found a small tooth-shaped split on the inside of her upper lip. The single upper fang that she has likely caused this small hole that bled like it was ten times larger. (Z guy has been calling her Fang} I am grateful that AB is going to be okay and I know this will be only the beginning of little cuts and scraps for her. I am very happy though that DD appears to have begun her journey as a wise woman. Now, if I can just keep from messing that up. (She already gets a little freaked by spiders, but we come by that naturally – thanks Grandma!)

3 Comments:

  • Wow - That's some quick thinking by DD. Very impressive!

    By Blogger Overread, at 3/11/2006 12:31 PM  

  • i seem to recall you not being scared of spider at all when you were young.

    By Blogger jayfish, at 3/11/2006 2:57 PM  

  • it is true that i picked up a black widow spider and brought it to my mom when i was about 5 years old - at least that is what i've been told - i'm repressing a very traumatic experience.

    By Blogger mendi-la, at 3/11/2006 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home