blah, blah, blah

Friday, June 23, 2006

Growing up so fast

We are fairly open with the girls and try to be as honest about things as we can. DD has rummaged through my bathroom cabinets and asked about all contents at one point or another. Once, the nail polishes and cotton balls were her fancy but lately she's been more interested in the feminine hygiene products. I haven't gone into all the gorey details; she’s only three and half. I have explained however, that one day, when she’s a teenager, she will be big enough to use these things herself and that seemed like the perfect amount of info for her. Every now and then, she feels it necessary to put some of the sanitary pads in my purse so that I might have them when I go to work. A few times, I’ve begun to walk out the door and found my purse overstuffed with tiny little pink packages. But the other day, her actions were so cute. She found my box of panty liners which in case you don’t know, are smaller than the regular pads. She pulled one out of the box and said, “Look Mama, just my size”. Then she slapped it between her legs (over her clothes) and ran out of the bathroom. I have no idea what happened to it and she hasn’t done it again. Maybe for a moment she was pretending to be a teenager.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home