blah, blah, blah

Thursday, January 25, 2007

The Annual Review

I got my review the other day and I was really shocked. I have worked harder this year at work than any previous year but still the glowing review was completely unexpected. I had given myself a better than average rating and felt that it was reasonable [I've done a lot of significant, high-impact projects that i'm very happy with]. My boss however, marked my work this year as beyond stellar -wow! The bigger suprise yet was that this 'rating' went up the company chain and back down again without being adjusted. Again, there must be some snow in hell somewhere. Fewer than 5% of the company folks will receive this level of recognition. And, wait, there is still some snow falling somewhere in a warm spot...I also got a grade level increase [ie a promotion]. I just got bumped up less than six months ago. I'm told that this never happens where I work - not two grade jumps in less than 12 months - and I didn't even push for this one. There are rules that must be followed but apparently not this year. I'm extremely happy that my hard work was noticed. But, (you knew there was a but coming) where do you go when you're at the top? No where to go but down - lets hope it's a short run with a gentle slope.... wheeeeeeeee

1 Comments:

  • Congratulations! I'm so proud of you! All your hard work really paid off!

    You Rock! Now go get yourself some ice cream :)

    By Blogger Overread, at 1/25/2007 9:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home