blah, blah, blah

Monday, February 27, 2006

The Blahs

Blah - AB is no longer sleeping through the night (again). She was up three times last night with the last one at 3:34 until almost 5. She would not stay asleep by herself so I put her back in bed with me until 6:30 when Z guy got up and was starting the morning routine. I am supposed to BE at work at 6:30. I haven't been to work on time in I don't know when. I'm lucky that my boss looks the other way because when I'm there, I do awesome work. I'm not sure how much longer that is going to last.

Blah - Z guy tells me this morning that he thinks I should just quit work. We are barely making ends meet and with me home, we would save the daycare costs. That terrifies me for some reason. I was so angry after DD was born and I had to go back to work. Now, however, it is a break for me to come to the office and do adult things. I feel like such a looser that I don't feel 100% when spend every moment with my darling children but I do get worn out. I'm also afraid that I can't give the girls the richness of environment that they get at daycare. They get socialized with other adults and children. I'm afraid I would leave them in front of the boob tube too long (like they already get on the weekends). I don't have any friends here so maybe this would make me get out and meet some.

Blah - Z guy had a fender bender on Friday and crunched the front of our Honda. So now, every single one of our 5 cars is in need of repair. At least 3 of them run; the Honda is not really drivable since the lights are busted.

Last Blah - The winter weather here is back. Rain, rain go away. We had two beatiful weekends and got spoiled. The girls got to play in the backyard. AB crawled everywhere and got very dirty but had fun. DD went to the park with Z guy then we had a picnic in the backyard. Sigh. With the good there is some bad and 'april showers bring may flowers'. I look forward to the blooms.

6 Comments:

  • it sounds like a really difficult decision, again, for you. it sounds like it's important for you to have adult interaction, whether that's at work or in some other form; knowing what you need can only help in giving the girls a happy mom.

    sorry to hear about the car, that sucks.

    here's to flowers- there's already roses blooming!

    By Blogger zerodoll, at 2/27/2006 11:27 AM  

  • I agree with Zerodoll - A happy mom is a good thing... I'm sorry to hear about Z man - I hope he's alright. wow. I hope things get better. Maybe it's time for a plate of nachos...

    By Blogger Overread, at 2/27/2006 12:35 PM  

  • wow! 5 cars...

    i ain't gonna say it.

    By Blogger jayfish, at 2/27/2006 2:12 PM  

  • yeah, i figure since zerodoll and overread don't have cars, i should have extra just for them :)

    ooohhhhh - nachos! with lots of avocado - yummmmmmmmmmm

    By Blogger mendi-la, at 2/27/2006 6:01 PM  

  • We recently struggled with a similar situation. GeorgiaGirl was depressed about having to go back to work after having the baby. I got her to quit her 9-6 job and spend the days with our daughter. Mind you, this was not a tough sell for her. I just had to break down the finances for her/us.

    Our equation was something like this:
    cost of daycare + time away from baby + not in love with her job anyway = stay at home

    Instead, she picks up the supplemental income (about the amount we would have after paying for childcare) by waiting tables three times a week. This also gives her some adult interactions, gives me some one on one time with the baby, and also gives me some time to myself (after the baby is down for the night).

    You know, playgroups and other kid-centric activities are a good way to meet other adults. You may even find someone with whom you could trade babysitting duties to give each other a much needed break.

    By Blogger J., at 2/27/2006 7:22 PM  

  • I don't know any mother in the universe who wants to spend 100 percent of her time with her darling children. Everyone needs a break.

    It's important to be honest with yourself about your own needs. That is not being selfish -- that is being a good role model to your children.

    You probably want to think ahead to what things will be like when your kids are in school. That will come sooner than you think. Would quitting your job now hurt your future employment opportunities?

    By Blogger jo(e), at 2/28/2006 6:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home