blah, blah, blah

Friday, February 17, 2006

Late Night

Here we are at the start of another evening. Last night was not great. AB woke up only an hour after I'd put her to bed so I nursed her back to sleep then went to bed myself. She woke up the second time at 1:50am. I tried letting her cry a bit at first because she wasn't really upset and I thought she might just put herself back to sleep. But no. When I went in to see her, I kept the lights out, I turned on her music machine quietly and placed her back down in her crib. She cried and crawled up the side of the crib to a stand. So I kissed her, told her it was bed time, time for sleep and placed her back on the bed. Sometimes I would gently rub her tummy while she stared at the music machine. She was less apt to cry when I would rub her tummy or her side. This went on for well over an hour. When I thought she was calm and ready to go to sleep I would either sit on the bed that is in the room (where DD seems somewhat obliviously sleeping) or I would step out of the room. Every time she realized she was alone and would begin to howl. In the end, I gave up and brought her out to the rocking chair and nursed her back to sleep. I was so glad this worked because on other nights she just wants to play and isn't interested in sleeping or nursing. When I crawled back in bed the clock read 3:55am. I was so pooped.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home