blah, blah, blah

Thursday, February 16, 2006

A New Tooth

Little AB has a new tooth. She now has her two lower incisors - Yeah! Except, and it may just be coincidence, AB has decided since last Wednesday to stop sleeping through the night. It has been a giant strain on my nerves. She has been waking up twice during the night, only sleeping for two or three hours at a stretch and it was taking at least an hour but usually two to get her back to sleep. I tried nursing, walking, rocking, tylenol and letting her cry - none of which seemed to work. I was at my limit on Saturday (I had not yet noticed said tooth). So, after an outing on Sunday, we stopped at Toys 'r' Us and picked up a light and musical device called "Little Ocean Wonders". One of the other moms I know had recommended it but at the time, AB was only having minor issues and would get back to sleep after 10 minutes or so. We strapped the sucker onto the side of the crib and it seemed to at least give her something to focus on. The first night was the same but the next few nights were much better. The longest time it took her to return to sleep was thirty minutes and Tuesday night she only woke up once. But last night - when I didn't feel so good - we were back to the same routine. The last waking period was 2.5 hours. Ugh! We never had these problems with DD. AB has always been fussier, more demanding. I don't know if it is the new tooth or separation anxiety. I know that it will end but I prefer sooner than later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home