blah, blah, blah

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The Collection of Sound

I've been to itunes over the past several days, buying music for my little nano. There is so much that I like but so little money to devote to the collection of sound...

Yesterday I bought the new CD from Jack Johnson called Sing-a-Longs and Lullabies for the film Curious George. I LOVE it! My favorite songs are Jungle Gym, With My Own Two Hands, and The Three R's (this is a rewritten form of '3 is a magic number'). I can't recommend it enough. Jack Johnson has been getting a lot of praise as it seems he should. I just hadn't gotten on the bandwagon until now. I thought DD would really like it. After a few seconds of playing it, she said, "Momma, I don't like Curious George Music. I want to hear Lilo & Stitch". So clickity click and the music emanating from the speakers changed from Jack's Nutty Crunchy Guitar to the Hawaiian He Mele No Lilo by Kamehameha Schools Children's Chorus & Mark Keali'i Ho'omalu.


I've also been buying some John Denver songs. It is amazing to me that he, as musician and songwriter, can make me feel so many emotions; a lot of happiness, some sadness and a longing for my yesteryear childhood. He was truly a talented guy. I can't say that I have a particular favorite but I did download all of the ones I knew and liked the best. This was somewhat unusual for me because I typically buy whole albums. I like to hear other music from artists that weren't necessarily popular. With JD, however, I still bought twelve songs and am still eyeing several more.


My other latest musical acquisition was Unwritten by Natasha Bedingfield. I heard her live on Regis & Kelly and thought she was pretty darn good. The album is fairly enjoyable. My favorites include the two popular songs, Unwritten and These Words but I also like Drop Me in the Middle. This album is marked as pop but I think some of the songs have a little R&B beat to them too.

I'm all over the place - I think my next purchase may be some Marty Casey, maybe his song Trees. Hmmmm

1 Comments:

  • branching out into itunes land...
    you should have told me, i've got jd's 2 disc greatest hits thingy.

    By Blogger jayfish, at 2/08/2006 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home