blah, blah, blah

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Last Night

Well, I totally screwed up last night; wiped out several weeks of hard work. AB only took one AM nap yesterday but it was for 2 hours. By the afternoon, she had no interest whatsoever in napping. That was fine. I expected her to go to bed easily and she did around 8pm. However, she woke again around 11:30pm. I picked her up and she wrapped her little legs and arms around me tightly. I gave in immediately. I had no fight in me at all. I took her straight to our room and put her in bed with me. I let her nurse as long as she was interested which wasn't long enough to put her back to sleep. I still have the arms reach bed beside ours so when she started moving around, I put her in the small bed. That way I could pat her on the back and rub her tummy. She was honestly content enough and soon fell asleep. Then at 1am she woke again and I put her in bed with me and hung on to her until she fell asleep. Although we neither one slept deeply, at least I got some sleep. In the morning, I woke before she did because she was restless. I watched her little eyes open and look at the window as if to say, "The sun is up, it must be time for me to to get up too". Then she turned her head to see me looking at her. A smile bloomed on her face. "Good morning mama".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home