blah, blah, blah

Saturday, March 03, 2007

I'm not sure what to do or think

I found out today that my 2nd cousin, Angie, lost her youngest child yesterday to 'complications from pneumonia'. He was only 5 1/2 and had had some medical trouble from seizures all during the earlier years of his young life but had been better lately. I never met him and haven't seen this cousin since she was probably 12 years old but this upsets me as I suppose it should. It never seems right to loose a child let alone from something like pneumonia. They are doing an autopsy. He died around 3pm yesterday within 6 hours of being taken to the hospital (which sounds odd to me). He was home sick that day. They thought he had a cold but when he coughed up some blood that morning his mom took him to the hospital. Big changes can happen so fast. Although I haven't seen many members of this family for several years, I still feel close to them. I remember when this cousin's mom was pregnant with her and how I watched her when she was a baby. I can't imagine what she must be going through. I hope that the family she has around her can give her comfort. I would reach out myself but it feels wrong to do so right now when all I can say is how sorry I am. Maybe I'll try later.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home